Let me share some insights about this publication.
'Developing Literacy in the Secondary Classroom is an accessible and comprehensive guide to a wide range of topics relating to literacy, learning and assessment. Taking a learner-centred approach with discussion questions and activities that encourage reflection on key issues and topics covered in each chapter, this is a book that will appeal to teachers and researchers looking for a clear, well-referenced and very practical guide to the field.' Marcello Giovanelli, Senior Lecturer, Aston University.
- The fundamental aspects of teaching reading and writing to adolescent learners
- How to intelligently select and use literature with secondary students
- Multi-literacies and the use of technology in Teaching
- Assessment strategies for the classroom
- Teaching techniques for developing reading comprehension